Monday, June 27, 2011

Confession #2 - I'm done with Fast Food Friends...From now on I only do Grand Luxe...

this is truly annoying...

so you know there are some people in your life who you text/email, but don't hear from them for weeks, months, decades? So you go on have a few kids, a career, or maybe just a resemblance of a life and it hurts for awhile but then you're like forget 'em and life is just like





right? 

Then all of a sudden, there's a little ding on your phone notifying you that someone has sent you a text message...you open this message excited with the prospect of some funny joke or an update in your actual friend's life or romantic jesting and all you get is...."hey."



NO!!!! Don't "hey" me!!!  You weren't concerned when I text you to see how you were doing... just being friendly and keeping in contact because that's what friends do!!!! They communicate and check in!!!! No Sir/Madame, you are not my friend!!! I have not heard from you in like a month and you send me this watered-down "hey"??? So yeah.. no longer hold a place in my life or heart...

These, my good people, are triple-F's...possibly standing for triple failures, but actually what I have coined as Fast Food Friends...let me explain...

1. No Nutrition
            There are no healthy benefits to having this person in your life. When they come along, they are good for the ten minutes you spend with them, but when you leave their sides, you beat yourself for the time and money wasted on them and if you have my colon...you're hurting.

2.  They come in and out of your life
                  When you go to McDonalds, rarely do you sit and enjoy your meal. You go through the drive thru get what you need and leave. If you do sit down the visit is no longer than fifteen minutes. Same concept.

3. You're about as close to them as you are to a Cashier...
                  This friend knows as much about you as your local Wendy's cashier...They never contact you, so they don't know whats going on in your life and there is always a huge space between you all. Plus Cashiers never come to your table to check on you. #blao

VS

Grand Luxe Friends...

1. People of Substance - Like a meal and the decorum at Grand Luxe, these are people of substance, they present themselves in their best. They ask questions, they want to discuss your concerns, and are made of organic meats and veggies, cooked to perfection. They Are Good To You And FOR YOU!  NEED I SAY MORE???
                     

Dear readers, why do these people insist on coming in and out of our lives?!?! I just feel like if you were not concerned about me during that long period of time of inexplicable silence, what makes you so interested now? I totally get the "I was busy" or going through things but you can't take two seconds to respond with a "Hey...I'm busy. ttyl"???? How long does that take? These people are FW/OB, friends without benefits. You're no longer positively contributing to my life. I'm legit done. "As far as I'm concerned...you can all just, step."

No comments:

Post a Comment